SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzan30

privacy film for windows?

13 years ago

My mid-century townhome is nothing extravagant but it was designed by I. M. Pei back in 1958, and it has some unusual features, including the windows. Every room has the same design with the exception of living/dining space (it basically has a wall of glass that stretches from floor to ceiling).

The windows in the bedrooms, study, and kitchen also go from fllor to ceiling and encompass about half the outside facing wall in each room The upper part of the window is one big undivided pane that can't be opened but there are small sliding windows close to the floor that are about 2' high and 4' wide. I've invested in top down bottom up cellular shades for the main portion of the windows. The look great and are in keeping with the modern look of my place, but I am uncomfortable with the sliding portion of the window. On the first floor, all you can see is our feet, from the right angle outside you have a pretty good view into the 2nd floor bedrooms.

I was wondering whether anyone has used one of those privacy films. Do they look nice or cheesy? Are they relatively easy to apply (and to remove)? Any other suggestions about how to deal with my unusual windows?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor