SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddybeagle

Bungalow exterior is finished!

maddybeagle
9 years ago

Forum friends, I've been here a few times over the past year or so dithering about what color to paint the outside of my tiny 1922 bungalow. Well, decisions finally happened and painting was completed over the last 3 weeks! I thought I'd stop back in to share the results. After mulling some fairly deep colors, like a cranberry red or plum color, I decided that since the house is so small and sits in deep shade, a lighter color would brighten the experience of arriving at the house. I also decided to keep the trim very simple, with just one trim color, since the style of trim on this house is chunky and clean-lined. For the time being, I also had the new, period-style front door painted to match the trim, though I can see painting it a more interesting color after I've lived with the whole color scheme for a while. Final color decisions: the body of the house is BM 304 Shooting Star and the trim is BM AF-20 Mascarpone (thanks to members of this forum for calling my attention to that wonderful color). The porch floor is BM 1427 French Violet. I am VERY happy with the result. It's like having a whole new house!

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions