SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Remember the knotty pine/kitchen ?'s - Here's an update!

CaroleOH
12 years ago

Well, it's been about 6 months since I first posted photos of the house we bought and we've done quite a bit - still more to go, but Deeinohio asked for an update, so here it goes. It was actually fun to go back and look at the before and afters and see what looks better and maybe what still looks the same! :-)

Here's my favorite room - the kitchen. We added wall cabinets, new granite, appliances and got new cabinet doors - painted everything BM White Dove. Walls are SW Kilim Beige. Also replaced the tile with dark hardwood floors.

Before:

After:

Family Room - Knotty pine is still there! Hubby likes it and after everything else we did, I decided to just live with it for awhile. Jury is still out. Trying to figure out what to do with all of the windows, and need some rugs for under the table etc. The rugs there now are just for trial - they're actually scraps leftover from the upstairs bedrooms...

before:

after:

Here's the back hallway

before:

after:

The knotty pine isn't really all that bad now that I've gotten used to it, but still need to do something with the bookcase, window treatments, area rugs etc. HELP!!

Comments (21)