SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

My daughter's step mom

imamommy
16 years ago

I got a call this afternoon from my daughter's step mom and it made my day!!!

Background: XBF left me when I was pregnant with his daughter (he had gotten another girl pregnant & it was a mutual breakup since I didn't want to be with him after that and she took him in) After she had his son four months after my daughter was born, he left her too... (I'm not gonna defend anything he did, but he was/is very immature, very charming and looking back now, I wonder if he doesn't have a mental deficiency or something) but four months after his son was born, he met and married his current wife. They have four children.

Well, he hasn't been a part of my DD's life and moved around a lot so it's been hard to keep track of him. When she was 12, I tracked him down and talked to him. He exchanged phone numbers and said he would keep in touch but then moved out of state again. My DD has gone back and forth on her feelings and I support whatever she wants, she's now 17. At one time, she was talking to him & his DD (my DD's half sister) and he kept telling us that the reason he didn't come around was he didn't want his wife to be upset. He said his wife was very jealous and thought I wanted to get back together with him (yeah right! He said that a few months after I got married... he called me and said "you didn't wait for me?" and I thought he was kidding until he started asking me if I was happy and told me he would leave his wife if I wanted him to. Of course I told him I'm very happy and thought to myself, "I'm glad I'm not his wife") I even offered to forgive the child support arrears that exceed 100K at this point, if he would establish some sort of relationship with her. Anyway, that's the background on him.

His wife called today because I sent her an email asking if XBF has any intention of staying in contact with DD. I have no way of contacting him, but found her on myspace. She and I talked for almost an hour. She is in no way feeling threatened by me and not at all worried that I want him back. She says she grew up without her father and has been encouraging him to call DD but he insists to her that he doesn't want to make her upset. For some reason, he's stuck on the idea that his wife is going to get jealous. She is reassuring me that she won't. Then I found out that only her oldest DD knows about my DD so she's going to tell the others about her tonight.

Personally, I don't care if I ever hear from XBF again, I think he hasn't grown up and won't take responsibility for his child still. But, it's something my DD wants and if nothing else, maybe her step mom can foster some sort of relationship between her children and my DD. She didn't really talk about what kind of father he has been to their children and I guess it really doesn't matter. It's not going to change things for my DD.

I'm just feeling more hopeful that now I have found out that she isn't the one coming between him and his DD.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio