SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homersgarden

Advice on paint color/stain for corner cabinets

homersgarden
13 years ago

I know people here have awesome ideas so I need some advice.

I just bought two matching corner cabinets. The are pretty large and have great detailing and the top half has glass doors. They also have a drawer and closed doors on the bottom for storage! I got them for a song and want to incorporate them into my house. I orginally thought I would put them in my kitchen, but I am now thinking they would look great in my living room. Here is what I have:

Traditional fireplace in dark stained wood. It has a white marble surround and hearth. I have two dark brown leather cigar chairs (I think that is the name for them) and a gorgeous dark wood buffet. My coffee tables are also dark wood, but I am looking to replace them soon(I have a feeling the corner cabinets will dictate the purchase of said tables). The couches are a latte type color. The walls the fireplace and the cabinets are on is a metallic silver blue (Ralph Lauren...not sure of the name) and the rest of the walls are sort of a cream color. We currently have grey carpet, but it will be replaced with hardwoods in the next year (most likely an oak to go with the rest of the house).

I am kind of feeling that there is a lot of dark going on in this room (with the exception of the white marble) and have thought about painting the cabinets an off white and doing a light stain (sort of that French Country look) in some areas. Would this look weird? I have also thought about staining them to match the wood on the fireplace. This would give them ore of a buildin in look, but may make the room really dark. Ideas?

Comments (4)