SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Opinion 120V or 240V heat source

andrelaplume2
9 years ago

We want to add some heat to our already finished basement. Its maybe 400 sq feet and L shaped. We tried a space heater in this area. It warms up the immediate area...so long as the heat I aimed at you. Baseboards are not possible here...should have done that from the beginning I guess.

I see they sell in wall fans. My question is whether I go with a 1500W 120V one in the area where the kids congregate the most or 400W 220V fan.

I guess I am thinking which will warm up the immediate area quickest at the lowest cost. The model at HD actually has a stat but I do not think we spend enough time down there to set it at say 68 degrees and leave it. Rather we are looking for something that might raise the temp from 64 or so to 68 when people venture down there.
Assuming the kids crank it to high, with the stat on 70....which is cheaper to run.

Further they sell a regular fan with a knob and one with a digital pad, programming etc. Both are FARENHEAT brand. Is one better than the other? The digital can be programmed which might be nice...or perhaps that's a feature that might break...?

Comments (20)