SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

Conflict resolution curiousity

ceph
16 years ago

This isn't so much about stepparenting, but just relationship conflict resolution:

Another post has me wondering, what are other people's opinions of things like moving to your mom's for a few weeks because of a fight or sleeping in separate rooms because somebody's mad at the other?

Personally, I have no place for that sort of thing in my relationship. I figure that if you have a fight that isn't resolved by bedtime, you go to sleep beside each other that night, just like always, and work it out some more tomorrow. You can cling to your opposite sides of the bed if you want, but I don't believe in one person going to the couch, etc. But, the more I talk to other people, the more I discover that a lot of couples spend a lot of time in separate sleeping quarters over things like the dishes or forgetting to give a phone message...

What are other people's opinions on this? Yay or nay to sleeping in the spare room because of a fight, etc? Any extenuating circumstances to change your usual vote?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES