SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pro87

Stepdaughter a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig problem

pro87
16 years ago

Hi,

I came into this forum thinking I was alone, but when I read so many experiences, I am really surprised what all people share in common. Anyways, heres my story..

My family is passing thru a extremely tough time, specially me, I have this stepdaughter who's almost 13, and giving me nightmares. She all that you can think of, disobedient, smart punk, answering me back at everything, and trying to act like a man in the family. She totally drunk with power.

Just to make my point better, once we had a fight and I tried to go and love her back, she told me I was doing it so because I was scared that she would go and complain to Grandma.

Can you now imagine how important this SHE thinks she is ??? needless to say, shes apple of her father's eye, and her pa has got reasonable amount of money to fulfill her every wish.

To make matters worse, my husband is always on her side...he does not scold her or say anything to her....recently with great difficulty and my crying, he decided its time to talk to her, so her called her into a room, and started telling her that she should not misbehave with me..AFTER TELLING HER BARELY 4 SENTENCES, HE STARTED THIS BALLAD ABOUT HOW BEAUTIFUL HER NOSE IS, AND HOW PRETTY SHE LOOKS--I WAS SHOCKED !!!! DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. WHAT WAS THIS- SUGAR COATED PILL ? HE IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT, HE IS BARELY STERN TO HER, AND ALWAYS FIDDLING WITH HER IN NAME OF DISCIPLINE.

she also does not do any cHhore in the house, infact whenever i tell her to do anyting, my hubby goes and starts doing it on her behalf, infact he tries to finish up the whole thing himself, so that she does not have to do it.

I AM FRUSTRATED, AND MY HUBBY THINKS I WANT REVENGE FROM HIS SWEET, INNOCENT DAUGHTER.

i NEED SOME SOLUTIONS, ANYBODY CAN HELP ? I AM NOT REALLY A BAD STEP MOM, i am somebody who is slowly losing my marriage and my sanity because of this female in my house...she has to power to control everything, me, my hubby, even she comes and says a sorry, she needs it to be IMMEDIATELY accepted, otherwise shes back to her adamant behavior.

SHE GETS ANYTHING SHE WANTS- BELIEVE ME, SHE BUYS ANYTHING SHE FEELS LIKE, AND ONCE OR TWICE SHE HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT ITS HER FATHER'S MONEY, WHAT MY BUSINESS IN THAT ?

i am seriously thinking abt going to a family counselor.

THANKS

P

Comments (8)