SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudo_mom

Didn't want to hijack another post

pseudo_mom
15 years ago

Blendedinidaho's title made me giggle a bit ... and I do not mean to dismiss your post thats why I made this one...

We live in Mass ... my SD and I are on the outs huge long story but 2 months ago her mom was granted custody of her so she changed schools.

Well at her new school the teacher told her class the story of Lizzie Borden .... not sure how many are familiar with the story ....

'Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother 40 whacks when she saw what she had done gave her father 41.'

But the teacher made the correction/distinction to the class that the mother wasn't really Lizzie's mother it was her STEPMOTHER...

So in comes my SD chanting the little ditty ... and telling me about how it was really the SM not the mom she killed ....

So I ran out and rented one of the Documentaries on it so SD could hear people tell the story of how they thought she was guilty of killing her SM because when she was questioned by police about Abby Borden being her mother ... she corrected them with a snarl of ....

'She was not my mother she was my stepmother'.

She was found Not Guilty... and the case remains unsolved.

I know some do not like wikipedia but I thought it would help some with a little side info.

So my SD with anxiety issues is going to school to learn how someone who didn't like her SM killed her and 'got away with it' (to quote SD)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lizzie Borden

Comments (26)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio