SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Another weekend....another excuse/issue

mom2emall
15 years ago

Bm was supposed to take the kids last weekend. No call no show. She mentioned a while back about taking the kids this weekend for a party she was having. All week no call. Tonight she calls and SD14 talks to her. Tells BM she did not think she was coming and she made plans already and does not want to go to her house this weekend. SD 12 then talks to BM and tells her about a sleepover party she was invited to tomorrow night and she really wants to go. Then SS6 talks to bm and tells her that he does not want to go without his sisters. She must have tried to talk him into going and he began hysterically crying that he was not going. BM hung up with him and never called back to talk to me or dh.

So I am assuming that she is not coming this weekend.

And older sd asked bm what happened to her last weekend and bm told her that she had to go out of town for work and did not have access to a phone. SD ranted to me about how her mom works at a store in a mall and her excuse is a bunch of bs! I silently agreed. A cashier in a store does not get sent out of town for a weekend. And in this day in age not having access to a phone is near impossible.

So I am sitting here partially feeling bad for bm because her kids are losing interest in seeing her. But then I am left to feel like bm is finally getting what she deserves. She was so selfish and spent so much time away from these kids and now they are giving her the cold shoulder for once.

Am I a bad person for grinning inside that the kids are slowly seeing their bm for the selfish person she is instead of putting her on a pedestal??

Comments (7)