SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teapot100_gw

Accent wall - advice needed

teapot100
9 years ago

We live in a raised ranch with a split entryway. We placed our upright piano against the wall at the top of the stairs and we have a large black and white sign hanging there, but it just leaves so much to be desired. We have not painted any of the light beige colored walls in the communal living spaces since we moved in, though we've done the bedrooms and bathroom.

I was initially thinking a charcoal painted wall would look great, drawing the eye upward when you enter the house and also the dark paint colour would help the wall recede a bit, making the room look a bit bigger. However, I don't think that will work anymore because I figured that charcoal won't look great with a honey hardwood floor, right?

I really don't want to do a bright colour because I feel like it might make the house look more cluttered than it already is, but I could be wrong on that.

So, do you think a charcoal wall would look horrible with the existing flooring (that won't be changing anytime soon) or is there another colour that wouldn't be too busy and would do the same thing for the feel of the room that I was hoping the charcoal would do?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals