SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nivea_gw

You are NOT my mother....?'s

nivea
15 years ago

Ok, I've written on here before about my SM1 re-writing history and how much it has bothered me. Most of the time I can let it go, but there are a few things that bother me greatly. I've made great strides dealing with my situation and childhood, but everytime this happens I revert into the angry old me. I've always had problems telling my family when they have hurt me.

Ok, so this may seem petty to some of you but this really gets to me and I'd like some advice. SM1 has consistently called herself Mom to me. I've told her before that I do not like it, do not consider her in anyway of a mother role and she is basically my fathers wife. Well, not anymore but that is besides the point. The first conversation worked for a while, but now she is back to it again.

With everything going on it seems she has upped the ante with this. Everywhere I turn she is claiming me as one of her children, how she has raised this # of kids (including me) it goes on and on.

I know she is going through a rough time right now, but I want to firmly tell her that she is not my mother and never was. She cannot claim to be something she was definitely NOT to me. She wasn't even nice to me for the most part and has rewritten history in several other aspects as far as her mental health and situations with her actual kids.

Any suggestions? Should this be an in person talk or email?

Comments (11)