SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Decorator plates dear to my heart!

ontariomom
12 years ago

Hi all,

We are building our dream home as part of an addition. I am trying to find a home for a large collection of decorator plates that I inherited from my Mom. Around 24 of them are blue and white plates 7 1/2" diameter. They are made by Bing and Grondahl, and they all look great displayed together due to the same colours. On the link below, I have a sample of one of the plates so you can see the look. I am trying to plan a spot for them either up high on a plate rail, on a plate display shelf or just on the wall directly. I also have 6 Hummel plates and around 10 Hummel figurines that need a home as well. The Hummel plates have beige tones as do the figurines.

My kitchen, which is in view of the dining room and great room, will have painted cream coloured cabinets leaning a bit towards the traditional style. In the dining room there is a large china cabinet made with light honey oak (top glass display and bottom cupboards) as well as a honey oak table and chairs. There are also going to be built in shelves and a window seat near the fire place in the great room.

If anyone has any ideas about displaying the plates (or the figurines) please let me know. I am thinking the figurines could go on a very shallow dark wood shelf (Hummel sells one for this purpose). The Hummel plates could go beside the figurines maybe on the wall (around eye level). The blue and white plates are more of a challenge. They could go in the kitchen, diningroom and/or great room. I have put in my floor plan so you can see the space.

I would be so grateful for any ideas you can pass my way.

Carol

Decorator Plate

Comments (17)