SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
times3

Help Deciding on a Dining Room Color

times3
14 years ago

We just bought a 22 y/o sort of New England style house. It has white siding, black shutters weather vane on garage.

I need help deciding on a paint color for the dining room.

FYI. The family room has brown/cherry red wainscoting, brick fireplace and dark beams on the ceiling. The kitchen has dark cherry cabinets. The entry, dining room, den, kitchen and back hallway all have wood floors.

I have painted the family room,family room ceiling, kitchen, and entry BM Wheeling Neutral. All of the dark wainscoting and brick fireplace make the family room feel like a libray.

The den(officially a formal living room that we are going to use it as a study) just got painted BM Frasier Fir.

Since the house has so much dark wood with the wainscoting and kitchen cabinets and we are using the living room as a den, I wanted a soft, creamy color for the dining room.

I picked BM Waterbury Cream.

I love the color, but I'm not sure if it will look right. (The house is being painted while we are on vacation.)

Any suggestions for a dining room color?

My DR furniture is all formal,mahogany. Henkel Harris double pedestal table, Bevan funnell sideboard and demi-lune table.

Recap:

Entry,Family Room and ceiling,Kitchen: BM Wheeling Neutral

Den(Formal Living Room) : BM Frasier Fir

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Melissa

Comments (2)