SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tori24_gw

Mother In-Law Issues

tori24
17 years ago

I am in need of a little assistance. I am a mom and a step-mom, my daughter (L) is 4 and my step-daughter (B) is 8. My husband and I have been toghther for the past 3 1/2 years. Yet, his parents still treat my daughter VERY differently. The most recent thing that has offened me is a planned trip to Disney World. His parents have invited B for 5 days and didn't even ask about L. How am I to explain this to L? She is old enough now that she sees and understands things around her. She sees that B has sleepovers, camping trips, and vacations and she has not had these things.

Should I approach my In-laws about this??

I have spoken with my husband to great extent about it and continues to tell me that I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. I can't help but want to deffend my daughter. My family has accepted B as their own and have never treated the girls differently, so it is hard for me to understand.

My relationship with my in-laws is fine now, it was VERY touch and go in the begining. (their reasoning was looking out for the best interest of B)

PLEASE HELP! I am trying to understand and/or remedy this situation.

Thank you!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH