SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacebrandon

Does this bathroom tile go together?

lacebrandon
11 years ago

We are redoing our bathroom and need to be done rather quickly. We have been without a functioning shower for a week and taking one at my parents is getting old. We took care of the plumbing leaks, removed the moldy nasty vinyl, and removed the insert shower. This HAS to be a "budget remodel" as it was forced by the leaky plumbing. For the floor we bought vinyl tiles from Lowes which we plan on grouting. We originally were going to put the insert shower back in but my dad suggested we do a tile shower instead. He does this for a living and said if done right we shouldn't have to deal with leaks! I went to Lowes to price tile and ended up buying! Now I am unsure if the shower tile I picked will go with the floor tile. The floor tile is slate finish and the shower tile is called marble beige. I will attach a picture. Please give honest opinions and suggestions about paint colors and grout color.

I really wanted white subway tiles but those would have cost $100 (and its a small bathroom). The tiles I bought from Lowes were .68 cents marked down to .17 cents each which brought the tile to under $50 dollars. The price I liked but I am not sure if I am loving the shower tile itself.

It looks white but has "veins" of a beige/cream. The floor is a slate color but to me has a beige/cream running through it. At least I think, at this point my eyes might be playing tricks on me.

Comments (10)