SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyndsayp_gw

Children Caught in the Middle

15 years ago

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We live together and have his two daughters part time. His daughters are 11 and 8 and are from 2 different marriages. His oldest is 11 and for me is the most challenging daughter. I feel as though she is grilled every time she goes back to her mother.Like she has to give her entire itinerary in detail. Her mother calls us up frequently saying this is what you guys are doing wrong. The complaints are so petty.For instance, we ate dinner one evening at 9pm so we would all be home and eat as a family. It was a weekend and they had a snack at 6pm that day. She said that was way too late for us to be eating and my boyfriend told her that it was his house and he saw nothing wrong with it. The 11 year old has a cellphone which her mother calls frequently and when she calls during dinner and we tell her to wait till after dinner. The little girl will actually get in trouble for not answering the phone. She could have called the house phone which we would have picked up and told her she would call back but she does not. I am at my wits end with this women trying to run both her own household and mine. This is because she recently accused me of hurting her daughter intentionally. Her daughter and I were playing in the kitchen and we were chasing each other with a Halloween decoration and hitting each other playfully. Apparently she got hit on an existing bruise but she did not tell us this at the time. Four days later her mother is saying that she thinks I did it on purpose and that something needs to be done.

Please tell me what to do! Should my boyfriend and I be worried about this legally? I love his daughters to death but I am worried about what she is setting us up for.What can I do differently? I do not want to stop being with the children but what she is accusing is pretty serious.

Thanks.

Comment (1)