SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loli_gw

step-daughter will not have anything to do with us

loli
17 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I am new and I am so happy to find a place that I can talk about this. My step-daughter whom I have loved like my own for the last four years, has decided to live full time with her mother and ask for 100 custody with the bio mom in court. A year ago the bio mom tried to take my step children to Hawaii during the school year, after telling my husband and I that they were missing too much school. She is always trying to cause trouble and is always taking us to court. ( she is also a christian counslor) To make a long story short, we told her no she could not take the kids out of school for a week but any other time when the kids are out of school would be okay. In return is daughter started getting in trouble and sneaking out of the house to drink and run around with boys. When she was caught she got restricted and that is when the bio mom filed to take her away with her help in court. Now my step daughter won't talk to us or come over for dinner and I feel like she is a puppet for her bitter mother and also a cash cow. The bio mom always had me take care of them for the last four years and had very little to do with them. We had 50/50 custody until now. I am hurt and feel like I have lost my child to the wicked witch.

Please help with any advice or comfort.

Loli

Comments (2)