SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bella63_gw

stepdaughter troubles

bella63
15 years ago

IÂm new to this site and am very happy to have found a supportive system available on line. IÂve been married for 3 years and we have been together for a total of 6yrs. We both have adult children from previous relationships  my children 25M and 19F; his child is 20F. My son is independent and on his own, my daughter is in her second year of college and is on campus; my husband's daughter(20F) came to live with us to go to college about 1 year ago. 20F is currently unable to attend college because of some bad and immature decisions she made, which terminated the option of college. We didnÂt find out about these problems until after she moved in with us. 20F was told to find a full time job; she is currently working part-time about 4-6hr shifts, maybe 3 days a week and does nothing on her off days. 20F has very little motivation to do anything, she stays in the house and doesnÂt socialize very much outside the house; appearing to be very antisocial. 20F has made very little efforts in finding full-time work and her dad allows this to happen. She rarely talks to me or my husband, when she does come out of the bedroom; IÂm at a lost and need advice on how to handle this situation. I have tried everything to help her, such as offering positive encouragement, helping with her job resume, internet job search, referring her to an employment agency and told her of upcoming job fairs. Still no luck at finding a full-time job. This situation is driving me crazy, I feel like I have raised my children and I really donÂt want to deal with this. My husband is not helping, he doesnÂt encourage/push her to make a effort in finding full-time employment so she can become independent. My husband comes home from work, pretending that everything is fine and doesnÂt want to discuss anything about this problem; he frequently gets mad at me for pushing her or saying anything about 20FÂ.(ITS BEEN A YEAR!!!) 20F been living with us without any adult responsibilities and she doesnÂt want to live with her mother anymore???? This situation is destroying my marriage. Please advice!!!

Comments (12)