SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grace01_gw

Can my marriage work when his Ex after 8 years has not let go?

grace01
15 years ago

I truly do not know if I need to do anything differently? Or is this the norm with step-family? Or am I in a lose-lose battle? I always believed when he would tell me all would be okay and will get better. Been married less than 2 years, he was divorced for 8 years and they have 3-daughters. The Ex constantly would call with minor issues and most of the time non relating to the kids. Then when the kids are over for the weekend she calls 3-4 times per day and is asking questions for facts about what we are all doing, etc. She is not supportive of me gaining and earning a bond with the daughters and constantly looks for ways to twist my actions. This after two years has resulted in no stronger connection with the kids, her still calling my husband about any minor issues daily, and also forwarded emails to let me know how she and the daughters want their family back and that she still loves her ex-husband...my husband now. When I have turned to him for help in building a life for us all and bridging the kids and I regardless if his ex-spouse it just seems difficult for him. He always fears that she will make it harder for him to keep a relationship with the kids as she has done this before. I truly am not sure what to do and it has just drained my marriage and has brought strife in my household for months now.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES