SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
believer_gw

A possitive out come....

believer
15 years ago

This may be a silly thing but it made me happy and I wanted to share it with you all....Last year we had my DD19 and her boyfriend over for sloppy joes and then we carved pumpkins. My SD9 had such a good time and the pumpkins really turned out great. I had purchased the carving kits and we were all surprised at how cool every ones looked. We have this little tradition that we do when we finish...we put the candles in them and then all go out onto the sidewalk and check them out.

Since SD had such fun last year I decided to make it a yearly thing and I asked my DS16 to invite his girlfriend over, I'll fix supper and we'd all carve pumpkins this coming Saturday. I thought we could light a fire in the chiminea that's on the deck and roast marsh mellows. He said he had already made plans and couldn't make it. I let him know how disappointed I was...he is never home anymore and that I miss him. End of conversation.

He came home last night and told me that he had changed his plans and talked with his girlfriend and they were coming. He said that he wanted to be closer as a family and he would rather be here than with his friends at a show. I was really touched. His friends are so important to him these days and going to concert is one of his favorite things to do so I was impressed. I had silently hoped that he would change his mind but had sworn to myself that I wasn't going to say anything else about it. I like to have him mull things over in his own mind and come to his own conclusions about things. He is a very kind hearted kid and usually does the right thing. With friends involved though you just never know.

I'm so tickled to think that he thought about it and decided to put us first this time....it may not happen next time but I'll take this time and enjoy it. He is great kid. One of the loves of my life.....I think my SD is really going to have a great time. She gets so much attention from the older kids when we do things like this and having a fire out back doing the marsh mellow thing should really make her night.Just had to share. Thanks.

PS.. I am the pumpkin carving Queen, just to let you know, so it is a competition of sorts! LOL

Comments (9)