SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebird954

Trying to understand PGT Window Pricing...Anyone?

14 years ago

I have investigated prices and have found some real sickening things about PGT's prices.

This is what My brother-in-law quoted me on PGT Impact windows (He is Currently a window dealer and carries PGT, so I Won't mention any names.)

It is really disgusting that Pgt can sell these windows to their dealers and they mark them up so much. Why can't they pass the savings on to the customers and let us buy directly from the factory.

Luckily I got My windows from My brother in law at cost. Here is what the the break down is. This is what makes me so upset and at the same time...thankful.

All windows are white with Grey impact Glass.

PGT Impact Single Hung 12 $76.00 MY COST

List Price $287.00

PGT Impact Single Hung 23 $154.76 MY COST

List Price $560.20

PGT Impact Single Hung 33 $185.65 MY COST

List Price $616.57

PGT Impact Horiz Roller OX 72" x 38 3/8" $192.80 MY COST

List Price $642.60

PGT Impact Sliding Glass Doors XX 6068 $987.77 MY COST

List Price $1874.00

I Got (3) bids from reputable Local Window Companies on just the material portion of the 19 windows and doors that I needed to complete my house.

COMPANY #1 in Pompano 19 openings PGT materials Only $24,687.00

Company #2 in Deerfield 19 openings PGT materials Only $23,420.00

Company #3 in Broward/Miami 19 openings PGT materials Only $25,140.00

MY BROTHER IN LAW 19 openings PGT materials Only $9,343.00

I got My windows at cost what PGT really sells them for. I do not understand why they allow others to set their pricing for them when they should just offer the product directly to the public at fair prices.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my windows, just so thankful for my Brother in law to have saved me from over paying. I got all my windows and doors at 41% of list price, with full factory warranty. and that included sales tax too!!!

Shame on you PGT, Ok product, very lousy dealer Pricing.

Thank you Brother in law !!!!!!!

Comments (81)