SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlettuce

'She's a Nurse'

catlettuce
15 years ago

PS. CAT38, I am very truly sorry for your situation and totally understand your frustration.

But PLEASE stop with always bringing up your DH's Ex is a Nurse. Nurse's are not bad people. Her mothering ability has nothing to do with her being a Nurse.

A nurse may save your life one day when you choke in a resturaunt or give you that shot of morphine you so desperately need when your dying of bone cancer. A nurse may hold your childs hand when they are receiving sutures and frightened. A Nurse may be the only one there to hold your hand and talk to you when you are frightened and know you are going to die.

Just because your DH's Ex is a NURSE does not make her a bad person or a bad mother. And you pointing it out all the time like "she's a nurse" therefore should be held to some sort of different accountability & standards than other human beings really insults me who happens to a NURSE and proud of it.

Nurses are human too and while yes I think it takes a special person to be a Nurse, we all still have the same human emotions/make mistakes/love our kids/have problems with exes, etc.. Nursing is an extremely high stress/ high pressure job to say the least. It does not make someone a bad mother nor does it make a mistake proof mother.

By the way what do you do for a living? You never mention that in your posts. Not that I think your career choice would affect your ability to care for your children/stepchildren in any way, just curious.

~Cat

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!