SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbfrizzell1955

Oh man was I disappointed today....

barbfrizzell1955
16 years ago

With so many people lately scoring great glass deals from Craigslist, I've been checking for stained glass every day. Friday, I saw a post for stained glass tools, glass, books, patterns, kilns, scrap glass, etc...I sent an e-mail saying I was interested in glass and books and I received a reply back saying she was closing her studio and she would sell the scrap for $2.50 a pound and her studio was a 2 hour drive from me. I replied and thanked her but said I couldn't afford to pay $2.50 a pound. She answered back and said she had 100 pounds of scrap glass and she would let me have it for $1.00 a pound. Talked it over with my DH (my driver) and my DD (the banker who would be the one paying for the glass) and they both said we should go get it. We finally got ahold of the owner and she said we could come today, it was already 3:00 pm but my DH, bless his heart, said okay...let's go get it! We drove 2 hours to get to her store, walked in and when she showed me the bin with the scrap, my heart sank...it was mostly all tiny little pieces...like 2" by 3" or 1/2" wide by maybe 10" long. I was so bummed out!!!! I did end up getting some pattern books for 1/2 price and she gave me a 35% discount on her "larger" pieces (like 10 X 8 size)and my DH & DD were so sweet they actually spent 45 minutes sifting through that bin of "scrap" scrap glass picking out glass for me!!! ****SIGH**** I'm not even sure what kind of scrap they picked out for me, I didn't feel like bringing it in when we got home. She also gave me 5 bowling balls for free...guess I'll add them to the other 10 or 12 balls that I've already got!!!

Man, what a day!!!

Barb

Comments (12)

Sponsored