SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Oh boy, I really did it today

neetsiepie
12 years ago

I am so bad. I totally got myself on my DH's s*it-list.

The weather is starting to change, we're expecting rain over the next few days, so I needed to ensure things got put up and out of the weather. So as I'm putting things away and straightening the sheds, I start gathering up stuff that just needs to go...to the dump, recycling or charity. Not even going to bother saving it for a garage sale, I'm done with those. As I'm gathering things, I start finding more and more things that don't belong to us...I mean, it's junk his friends have dropped off for him, or have left over here for some reason or another. DH has a tendency to 'collect' things, and ususally they're things that are good...if they worked. But they are always not working or barely working.

So I finally gathered up a shop vac with a missing hose, two chintzy folding chairs that if sat on would surely break, a lawn mower that needs a carbuerator, a chain saw missing the chain bar and other parts, a rusty compound miter saw...on and on. It turns out that most of that stuff belonged to his friends, or I should say originated with them...they ended up at our house and never left. I hauled it all off today and boy...DH was MAD.

I have just had it...I told him that there is a new policy at our house, if you have a home of your own, your things don't belong at OUR home. Some of that junk has been here for more than two years! I think the tipping point was the three coolers I tossed. One was so funky inside I was afraid to open the lid. We have 8 coolers in our shed. We don't camp, fish or do many activities that warrant more than ONE cooler.

I may have finally gotten my point across when I told him that we're trying to get our next door hoarder neighbor to clean up his place, so we had to set an example. But I'm still in the dog house for a while!

Comments (14)