SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Vintage Drexel nightstands

jockewing
12 years ago

Well I think I gave up on the coffee table, esp. since I already had a nice one, but I was dying to go shopping. So I hit some consignments stores on Magazine St. in New Orleans today. I found a mid-century bedroom set for a total of $800 and asked if I could just buy the nightstands (which I needed). He sold them to me for $300 each.

I was excited to find out when I got home and looked them up that they were probably very underpriced as they are John van Koert's "Counterpoint" line for Drexel Heritage. Palimpsest, our resident vintage expert, did I do good on these? I would love to know how to tell what kind of wood furniture is. I really like the rounded lines and the circular indentions around the brass pulls. They were in great shape with only minor scratching and one small chip at the bottom of one of the drawers.

I just have to say that I have become addicted to vintage shopping, especially for case goods. You can get furniture of such great beauty, built in the USA with superior workmanship and timeless materials for much less than you can buy this new crap in the stores. To get the same quality new, you'd have to spend 2-3x the money. And I think it adds such a great layer to your home to have these items with a historical value.

Comments (22)