SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
izzie_gw

condensation on windows

izzie
16 years ago

Had new windows installed. Old ones were wood and rotted. New ones are vinyl. Live in Minnesota Anyway, I am getting a small amount of condensation on windows, but much better. Can someone answer a question regarding humidity. I have never tested it in my home. I have an exhaust fan in bathroom. Kitchen range hood does not exhaust to outside. I don't really cook that much. I know the air usually feels really dry. How can people have humidfiers on their furnaces without totally icing up their windows as opposed to someone who does not run a humidifier and gets condensation. (or maybe people with furnace humidifiers do have condensation problems) Is it because the furnace humidfiers put out a steady and lower amount of humidity as opposed to showering and not running bathroom fan puts to moisture too fast into the air? I do occationally run a small room humidifier if someone is sick and need the extra humidity.

Has anyone tried to stop the condensation on windows and had any luck? What did you do to fix things? Also please include the area where you live.

Comments (3)