SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdfuller_gw

Marvin vs. Eagle -- windows & install

kdfuller
17 years ago

Sorry this is kind of long... I've got a set of 3 double hung windows that I'm replacing with a 48x56 stationary picture with 20x56 casements on each side. I've narrowed it down to Eagle and Marvin.

I've gotten an Eagle quote and two Marvin quotes, in all cases with upgraded hardware finish, upgraded screens, and muntins in a modified prairie pattern.

Eagle quoted $1980 (although it was never clear if that included 1 or 2 screens, so could be $113 more)

1st Marvin quote is $1954 (yes, less than the Eagle quote, although not clear if the SDLs quoted are with or w/out spacer bars)

2nd Marvin quote is $2177 (although based on a slightly more complex muntin pattern for the middle window than what I want, so should should come down a little)

Is it odd that 2 Marvin dealers are 10% apart?

Anyone surprised (besides me) that Marvin is less than Eagle (is that Marvin quote low or the Eagle high)?

Now on to the install. All quotes are for tear out, install, and removal of old windows...

The Eagle rep recommended 2 contractors.

Quote 1: $1100

Quote 2: $2322

The 1st Marvin dealer quoted $1590 for the install, which includes a 10 year installation warranty.

2nd Marvin dealer quoted $740.

Everyone that's looked at the project has commented that it should be an easy install -- 1st floor, easy access from inside and out, etc.

Is that install quote range ($740 - $2300) typical? They all seem to be very experienced, good references, etc. The two more expensive ones were more formal with their quotes.

Any thoughts, comments, insights are appreciated.

- KDF

Comments (2)