SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marklevinson1

Organizing a small basement workshop

marklevinson1
18 years ago

Hi all,

I have a small workshop area in my basement that is around 10 x 10. It is in a highly disorganized state right now as is the rest of my basement. The reason is I am getting ready to remodel my house starting first with my kitchen and I need to move a temporary kitchen downstairs while working upstairs. Our basement is in a seriously messy state right now as a lot of cleaning and organizing is being done.

I have never had my work area organized in any decent way and I have been aquiring a number of new tools for my remodel project. I now currently own a power miter saw without a place for so I use it on the floor (not much fun). I have various power tools (including a sander, jigsaw, router, circular saw, drill, etc.) I recently picked up an air compressor with a PC finish nailer and also a brad/staple gun. The air compressor goes up and down the stairs as I need it. My most recent purchase (still sitting in the box, waiting to be assembled) and the one that will cause the most congestion is a Ryobi BT3100 table saw. Not a huge table but big enough to compromise the amount of room I currently have. The BT3100 has a accessory table that might come in handy for the router, though.

I have also just gotten rid of a huge old metal desk that sat opposite the workbench.

Basically I am looking for advice and/or tips as to what to do with the limited space I have including lighting recomendations, storage, additional worktable areas, electrical, etc. I have included a link that shows different views of the area along with an overhead drawing of the area.

Thanks so much

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: images of basement work area (forgive the mess!)

Comments (2)