Houzz Logo Print
stepmomof4

stepdaughter tug of war

17 years ago

My stepdaughter's father and I have been together for 10 years. We have 50% custody. The kids go back and forth every two weeks. Recently my 14-year-old step daughter has been showing unpleasant signs of adolescence. She has "friended" her mom on facebook, but not me. We get along reasonably well, in fact pretty well, most of the time. it hurts me that she has chosen her mom over me. Recently she has putup a new photo with the expensive haircut I took her to get. How do I get past this? Is it important enough to worry about? There are also intermittent power struggles that I know will get worse with time. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert