SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Great weekend

mom2emall
15 years ago

I was thinking today that most times I post on here for advice or to talk about a problem. Then I thought why not post something that was great!

This weekend was fantastic! My dad, stepmom, and some other relatives were going away to our family cottage for the weekend. We were invited but I had told my dad that sd14 had games Sat. and Sun. so we could not go. My dad offered to take ss, ds, and other sd with them. The kids really wanted to go and did. My dh works a lot on the weekends so he was at work each afternoon and that left me and sd14 to go hang out. It was wonderful getting a weekend of quality time in with her and I really feel like we got closer this weekend. She is at that age where friends are becomming more important and we get less quality time to talk and hang out.

Sat me and dh went to her game in the morning and after my dh went to work we went bike riding on a beautiful trail near us. Then we went home and got dressed up and put on make-up and went to dinner at sd's fave restaurant. Its not a fancy restaurant, but it was fun to get all done up.

Today me and dh went to her game in the morning again and then dh went to work and we went out to lunch and then shopping for her homecoming dress. We had such a nice time together and she confided in me about things going on at school and with friends.

She got teary eyed today and told me how much this weekend meant to her and that she really needs more time with just me and her because so much is going on and it was so nice to be able to talk to me about it all. I told her that of course any time she wants to talk we can always find a place in the house to talk privately. But I did tell her that I would love to try to have more one on one time with her even if it just means going for walks together after dinner once a week. She was excited.

Comments (5)