SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vbunch_gw

Newb here Need help, didn't know how hard this would be.

vbunch
15 years ago

History: I'm a 30 YO man and just recently moved in with my fiance, She's 27. We both have kids that are 9 from other relationships my son visits every other weekend and her daughter lives with us and visits her father every other weekend. And somehow I thought we'd form a family or so goes the tail. Everything was great until we moved in together....

Recently it just been more than I bargained for, I sometimes feel like I'm the child in the relationship and I'm living with two mothers, I have so many boundaries to go by and I'm losing my mind. I can't discipline let alone give any direction to her daughter, the relationship between my fiancee and I is deteriorating at a very fast rate and after last night I think its over. I'm losing the connection with my son because I don't get any time in with him because now he has a peer and a playmate and I have to think about everyone and treat the children equally. Oh how I wish that were true. My fiancee put it out there that her daughter already has a dad that she doesn't need anything from me nor does she expect me to be, or does she. She tells her daughter not to pay attention to what I have to say and doesn't respect or listen to me especially when her moms not around which is always interesting because she acts out and acts in a manor that... oh forget the sugar coating she acts like a spoiled brat and to top it all off she is very manipulative and her mom buys into it and sides with her every time. Her mom demands that I respect her daughter like an adult and although I do agree with treating people with respect she is a child and sometimes needs to be told what to do and how to do it. But my fiancee isn't having it coming from me.

Last night we went to visit my mom and I mentioned to my mom that I'd like to have everyone over for a BBQ. My fiancee follows with thats fine with me as long (name here) has the house clean and I don't mean straightened up, I mean a deep cleaning. HUH!!! To me that sounded like, Sure little Billy can come out and play but he has to do his homework and chores first!!! Another time she told one of my buddies that he has her approval to come over anytime, "Approval!!!" That was a joke right, it wasn't she meant it the way it sounded. On top of that she follows me around the house looking for my every mistake and ordering me around and correcting me and she tells her daughter to correct me too. Which she doesn't do to her daughter. Well only when she correcting her homework.

I try to talk to her about these things and they always end up in an Argument. Like last night I asked her not to say things like that especially in front of people cause I find it rather Embarrassing. I told her the way it sounded to me and instead of saying something down the line of I'll work on it and do my best or I apologize I didn't mean it that way. She said,"Fine, don't ever take me to your families again!" Which upset me, so I walked away to go sleep in the living room but then later returned (which was a mistake) to ask her why she feels the need to always escalate things into something more instead of working on the problem. She covered her ears with a pillow and said are you done. Which then turned into me screaming at her to listen to me(yeah I acted out) which I regret and didn't intend to do. Thats just one event but she never hears what I have to say and is really evasive and I am frustrated which is turning into anger and resentment. I'm willing to work at it but I feel alone and I can't do it alone and its not something I can live with or ignore. I think I know what I have to do, maybe I just came here to vent, maybe one of you can give me some advice. What ever it be everything happens for a reason. I need some help!?!?!?

Comments (26)