SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandstone_gw

To all of you 'Wicked Witches' out there

sandstone
17 years ago

Life isn't exactly what you expected is it? I know mine isn't... I remember looking down at my new born baby boy thinking "We are going to have the best life together little one" His father left me shortly after his birth. (Which was a blessing) I was alone for nearly three years... Just my boy and me. I began to date my current husband when I was 20. He was everything I wanted in a man. He swept me off my feet. I couldn't resist his boyish charm. He told me his three girls lived with him and I was so excited, couldn't wait to dress them up and curl their hair... Then I met them, they were everything I had dreamed of beautiful and sweet. Until bio-mom found out Daddy had a girlfriend. Suddenly the littlest one wouldn't listen to me saying "My mommy said I don't have to." Then came DHS and court where we were granted sole custody due to the abuse their mother inflicted on them. Since then she has refused any contact with her children, instead running her life as a single person without a care in the world. Everything went smoothe for awhile then Teenager syndrome hit... Suddenly I was the wicked witch. How dare I ask them to do chores! How dare I ask them to clean their room. From what I was told by people whom spoke with my eldest step daughter I was a horrible two headed monster that locked her in a dungeoun and gave her only bread and water to live on!!!! Oh the horror! Oh the hurtfull things she said. Truth be told all children go through this, I can remember hating my parents when I was a teen. The problem with step children is we take this hurt very personally. I felt like hey, I gave up ALOT to help you through life... we took on 3 extra kids and gave them every opportunity we could. And they just spit in your face and walk all over you. Then my mother told me something that helped she said Honey if they don't hate you when they're teens, you're probably not doing your job as their mother. It is now much better we have on off to college and their is peace amongst the house. (Most of the time) I had to realize that to be hated by them was an honor, it means they had totally accepted me as their mother. In my case these children are not biologically my husband either. But we are their parents.. Even if we are horrible trolls in their eyes. One day they will see that we were in a very difficult situation and did the best with what we had. So remember all of you out there to realize that as wicked as we are you were probably no picnic either.

Comments (6)