SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ztr421

Anderson Renewal vs. Marvin Ultimate

ztr421
17 years ago

We've been window shopping for replacement inserts during the last few weeks, and I'm just trying to figure out some comparisons. We started by getting a quote from Anderson Renewal, which we did like in the showroom. There are some things that aren't great - the grilles don't fit very well, which is unfortunate. Then today we looked at some Marvin Ultimate and were much more impressed. The guy at the store gave us a rough quote that seemed like it would be about $150-200 less for this particular size (28x53 - white in and out). The difficulty is that the Renewal price includes installation and the Marvin price did not, but we estimated the installation to come up with that $$ difference. The fact that Marvin might be less $$ surprised me because, in my mind, it's a better product given the amount of wood - although it may just be better for my needs.

We actually have someone coming out this Friday to give us a quote on the Marvins, but I'm antsy to know what to expect. I know these are comparing apples and oranges (Marvin Ultimate has wood interior with the aluminum exterior; Renewal is all made of Fibrex, and the wood interior option is thinner than the Marvin wood), but does anyone have general experience with the prices of these two windows? And for that matter, a comparison of quality?

Thanks much!

Comment (1)