SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_darcy

Privacy glass in bathroom is NOT private

jennifer_darcy
14 years ago

I recently hired a glass company to install "privacy glass" in our bathroom windows. They came out to look at the site and measure, then I went to the showroom where I was give a batch of samples to choose from. I chose "glue chip". These were tiny samples and not conducive to judging privacy - I naively assumed that since the company had seen where the windows would be installed that they would guide me to glass that is adequately private.

The glass is now installed and it provides almost NO privacy -- you can tell who is standing in the bathroom (the window is right above a tub) and you can distinguish body parts. The installer came out to look, agreed it wasn't very private but stressed that *I* had chosen the glass (again I emphasized that I chose from the samples they provided) and said he's relay my dissatisfaction to the owner. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

Their position is that "glue chip" is marketed as privacy glass so it's not their problem it's not actually private. My position is that I specifically discussed installing privacy glass so we would not need window coverings and that's not the product they sold me. My question is - do I have any recourse here?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living