SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livysmom_gw

Help! Stepmom in crisis as mom gets out of supervised visitation

livysmom
16 years ago

I don't even know where to start or if anyone could help, but I feel quite desperate at the moment. My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years, and his two children (now 12 and 14) have lived with us for the last 5 1/2 years. He was granted sole custody and his ex has been in a supervised visitation program where she saw them two Saturdays a month for 4 hours at a church. She has been divorced from my husband for over 11 years, but is still focused on ruining his life. She has been aggressively combatent (though not physically) and is totally unstable. When the kids came to live with us (1st and 3rd grade) they had already been to six different schools in three states, and she has remarried at least 4 times - that we know of. She took us back to court almost yearly (THOUSANDS of wasted dollars) trying to get custody reversed. A few weeks ago, thanks to the worst ad litum ever, she was given standard visitation. The kids have gone on 3 or 4 visits now, and this weekend was the first time they spent the night. I have always had a good relationship with my 12 year old stepdaughter, but it has completely and totally disintegrated in the past couple of weeks. My stepson said she spent the whole weekend trash talking me to her mother and she has been atrociously rude and disrespectful to me. It would take me an hour to write how bad it really is. The ex came to parent/teacher night this week and the stepdaughter refused to sit with us or even speak to us. She has completely switched camps overnight. I have spent the past 5+ years doing nothing but EVERYTHING for those kids and she told me that "You don't care about me as much as my mom. You never do anything for me and have never been there for me." Which she says while she sits in the room that I slaved to custom decorate just for her recently - including spending over 12 hours hand stenciling inspirational words on her wall. Thank goodness for my 4-year old daughter or I think I would lose it right now. I don't know if anyone has a remotely similar situation, but I would welcome anyone who does.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath