SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
credomk_gw

ISO cotton duvet cover or comforter - please help!

credomk
15 years ago

I just found GardenWeb a few weeks ago, but it has become my new obsession. You all have such beautiful homes and great decorating ideas! I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to find new bedding for our bedroom. Current set was a temporary purchase...eight years ago. We moved into our new house a year ago, and I want to find something that will make our room warm and comfortable but not be too heavy or overbearing.

Our bedroom set is fruitwood-stain (honey) oak. The bed has a rounded headboard and footboard with spindles. It could easily go country, but that's not the direction I want. "Transitional" is probably the feel I'm going for.

I've tried several sets--reds with brown and gold accents look great, and I think greens would work, too. The carpet is neutral with gray undertones; ivory looks horrible against it. White might work but the bed needs some color, too. Walls are currently builder's white but will be painted...as soon as I can find some bedding! Though I've liked some of the ones we've tried, they all had polyester in either the comforter or the coverlet, and that is a dealbreaker; neither DH nor I can stand the feel of it.

Does anyone have a good source for bedding that might meet these requirements? It feels like I've looked everywhere. :-(

Thanks for any help!

Comments (2)