SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rengmarg_gw

I need HELP: window grilles or not?

rengmarg
14 years ago

We have this 1961 house. I want to say it's sort of Colonial, but it really has no style. I took off the shutters because bats like to hide behind them. Anyway, I was thinking of putting grilles in just the front. We are getting new Marvin Integrity windows throughout the whole house. We are also turning our 3 season porch into a 4 season porch, with big windows all around (we love our back yard). We do have a nice lot with ravine and a view. So, I was thinking just grilles in front of the house to jazz it up a bit but no grilles in back. One problem is that the living room has windows in back as well as front. Is that going to look really weird? I don't want to have to obstruct the back view too much. Plus if I put grilles in the back of those windows, I will have to do every window in the house, which I might do. How about the back porch? Anyone here--have you "grilled" your porch? I would rather feel like I'm sitting outside and have no grilles. I will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how. I'm new! Thank you for any help!

Comments (3)