SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rainzxy_gw

Marvin windows a cold experience

rainzxy
16 years ago

In 1990 my husband and I built a house and put Marvin windows in. One BIG mistake. Every window on our double hungs during the winter gets ICE on the inside of the windows. I'm always wiping the windows off because of all of the condensation.

The first year in the house we had the problem, called Marvin windows and they told me it was becuase I had to much humidity in the house. I said I have 1 Anderson window and 1 Pella french door and neither one gets condensation on them.

Well no one would come out. I went to Marvin showrooms and talked to them. Got the same answer. Went to home centers that carry Marvin windows. Was told that was odd and to call Marvin windows.

From 1990 to now I've called Marvin windows about this problem several times . Just recently I was given an email to a distributor for my area to contact them. Sent an email and they never got in touch. Called Marvin windows again they gave me a phone number to call. Did that too, got a very nice man which felt so sorry and said they would send a proposal out to me. Its been 2 weeks haven't received anything yet.

The double paned glass in the Marvin windows is bad. If you stand next to them during the winter you can feel the cold coming through the glass. What an energy waster.

Just built a sunroom onto my house and put all Pella triple pane windows in. That room stays nice and warm in the winter with just a ceramic heater in it. I don't have condensation on my windows even with all my plants I have in the sunroom. Oh yes I live in MA so yes I get the cold winters!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath