SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hope2faith

does it ever get better?

hope2faith
16 years ago

I have been involved for 7 years with a man who has 2 children and an ex wife who really exemplifies the meaning of vindictiveness. I met my fiance after he had been seperated for 6 months from his ex wife...he moved out initially because his ex was mistreating him, then he eventually found out she was having an "internet affair" for 3 years. His kids are now 15 and 18, and I thought it would get easier as they got older...wrong!! His exwife is now remarried (not with the same guy she had the affair with) and has a toddler. You would think she would have moved on, but she is still focused on turning the kids against my fiance and myself. She has taken us to Court a dozen times, she continualy poisens her kids against us. I have never met the ex, she refuses to meet me, even though I am practically raising her kids. She gave up full physical custody of the kids when she has having her affair to move out of state to be with the guy. She has wronged her kids on so many levels, but they always are loyal to her. I am so frustrated because I feel like no matter what I do, they always end up resenting my fiance and myself, even though we have sacrificed everything for them, while their mom was off with random men. I guess I need some direction right now or advice as to how to cope with the pain of continous rejection by his children? I don't understand how this ex wife can be so vindictive and use her children to fuel her own misery and regrets in life? How do other SM's deal and cope with the constant rejection by the children and attacks by the miserable ex's?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!