SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommy83

letting go of the past

mommy83
17 years ago

I met my fiance' through my friend's boyfriend's friends....he wasn't really my type but i just felt so bad because he was so eager to ask me out...so for the third time he asked me out, i finally said yes...as we dated, he never really told me about his past..and i wasn't really that curious because sad to say, i really didn't care much about it...i heard from different people that he had a kid but still it didn't come from him so i thought they were just rumors...cuz they weren't sure much about it themselves...one day i went to his place and i saw a picture of a little girl...and so i thought maybe this is the kid they were talkin' about..and beside the little girl's picture was a family picture that appeared to be him, the ex and same little girl in the other frame.....in my head it seems like he was still stuck in the past...because why would he still have a picture of the family picture that wasn't even there anymore??? turns out after 2 years they've broken up it was still there....and still we dated, and i find him talkin' about his ex plenty of times......and let me tell you, this was beginning to get old!....after year later that we dated, i finally get to meet the little girl, we actually got along great...and it felt weird at first because i WASN'T a mom.....she would ask for me and she loved me.....after a year that we bonded ..all of a sudden 2 years went by without us hearing from the little girl....i became pregnant w/ our baby....a week before i had my son, she came back in our lives...and my views of everything changed! i don't know if it was my hormones talkin' or my postpartum after i had him ..but i had soo much hatred!! so much that i hated myself...i hated him and i hated the little girl!...i started blaming him that he still loved the other woman..after 4 years i still accused him that he still loved the other woman even though he's stopped talkin' about her for such a LONG time...and he got to the point where he was even scared to even say her name...i hated being with him and i hated having a kid w/ him...and i know it sounds so bad ..but this is what i went through.......he assured me that i'm the one he wants to marry and grow old with and he said honestly, he wouldn't know what he would do without me......but still i kept accusing him...everything that he would do or tell me wasn't enough..he would tell me that he loved me and i would tell him to shut up..its like everything turned around on me...it was like i was stuck on his past....it seems like it was me that wouldn't let go.....and as usual, we would see the little girl every now and then and when i did try to bond with her, i wouldn't see her for months to a year or so....and it feels like i'm starting all over again...but this past weekend we've bonded so much better ..it was like the old times again...a little girl asked her where is ur mommy? and i didn't hear what she said but then the other little girl goes, "oh, that's ur stepmom?" and it was nice to know she knew my title..and it felt like she accepted me all along...i just really need advice on getting over my jealousy...i know my fiance loves me with all his heart but i just let this tear me up inside and i do love the little girl and i just want us to have a little happy family....i just don't want this jealousy to get in the way......and i hope for those that do reply give me wisdom of hope because honestly if i just get criticism, it doesn't really do good for me....i just need positive feedback to better myself.....and thanks for taking the time to read...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor