SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddybeagle

Carin's bungalow living room: the couch at last!

maddybeagle
12 years ago

I've been away for a looong time because I was waiting to while my couch was being reupholstered - but now I have pics! A lot has changed since this discussion, since I decided not to use turquoise because of too many blues in adjacent rooms. I'm starting a new post instead of adding on to the Color, Color Everywhere thread, which was getting really long. Anyway, the original plan had been to put my squashy old Mitchell-Gold couch in my den and get a new, smaller-scaled one for the living room, but the giant couch wouldn't fit back down the hall and around the corner, so in the living room it stays. Plan b: reupholster it! It was down and comfy and in good structural shape, just too well loved by me and pets. My dogs had completely squashed down the down back cushions, so I had the upholsterer make new back cushions out of foam instead of down, to resist permanent squashing. The seats are the original, extremely comfy down ones. The fabric is also from MGBW, "Carmine Harbor", acquired, to my delight, during their 40% off sale last month. Ta da!

And in context:

(Notice how the dog, having been forbidden the newly-clean couch, has reclaimed the pink chair.)

Comments (4)