SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruascott

Replacing Casement Windows

ruascott
15 years ago

Hi all,

My home is approx 22 years old and currently has Crestline wood casement windows. They all have significant rot and need to be replaced. I have 8 total windows, 4 double panes, 4 single panes.

To this point I have received 2 quotes.

The first contractor quoted approx $12k for Jeld-Wen clad wood and $6200 for Alside vinyl casements.

The second contractor quoted $5500 for the Alside vinyls, but didn't give me an exact quote on the Pella that he offers.

I really like the look of real wood on the interior of the home, and while the Alside vinyl do offer different interior colors with "faux" wood, its still vinyl. From what I've seen and read, Alside makes a very good window, I'm just worried about the appearance.

I'm worried that if I go with the vinyl I'll be hurting the value of my home, by replacing it with a lower grade product, but at the same time don't want to invest money that I won't get a return on. My home is worth approx $150k.

What are your thoughts on Andersen clad/wood casements? Would these be less expensive than Jeld-Wen?

Comments (3)