SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiveinall_gw

SD doesn't bring up BM (emotions,feelings about lack of contact)

fiveinall
15 years ago

Wanted to bounce some thoughts of of you all..SD 10 hasnt had contact w/ BM in a long time (10 mos or so) Contact wasn't very frequent before, like maybe once every month or two months, up until contact was lost she would make comments about BM just in general conversation, nothing heavy just normal chit chat, I noticed after the first couple months that SD just stopped talking about her completely...We were worried that she was bottling everything up inside and decided we would make an effort every so often (maybe once a month if that)to just touch base with her about how she was feeling about the situation and if she had any questions etc... well the first few times we brought it up she would burst into tears and say how sad she was and why didn't BM want her.... The last time or two we brought it up she doesnt cry and says she really doesnt think about it much..not really any emotion and we didn't push her any farther...

I guess I am wondering if we should touch base with her about the BM situation or not.....I dont want to bring up hard feelings for her, but I also know this has to be bothering her...She doesn't ever mention BMs name, never asks have we heard from her..just nothing....

Should we continue to check in with her every so often about her feelings and how she is handling things or should we just leave it alone? That seems to be SD method for dealing is to just act like she doesn't exist..

What would you do?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH