SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klinger_gw

wip, Rianna method , little garden girl

klinger
16 years ago

I've been plodding along working at this. I think I feel I'm finally getting closer to the end now. My computer died and I've had to wait to get a new one and all my stuff set up to show pics again. This garden girl was made using the Rianna method with the armiture to start with, then coated with two thin cement layers. Now I am working on the mosaics. I finished the dress and jewellry last night. Today I will cut and tumble the hair and shoes and facial features. I'm going to use stained glass for that. I should be able to attach it all today and maybe start on some grouting of the hat and dress today or tommorow. I haven't decided what she will hold in her outstretched arm yet, but have the idea of either a hanging solar lamp, or heheheh, I have a concrete pig I made by covering a straw pig with cement, thought it would be funny to put a collar and leash on it and have her hold the leash. I'll have to post the pics ina few different postings I think. I've got some flesh sort of colored grout for the skin areas. Thought maybe brown or grey for the hat, am open to suggestions for the dress though.

Cindy

{{!gwi}}
this is a picture of the wire armiture,

{{!gwi}}
a bottom part of the armiture

{{!gwi}}
more armiture

{{!gwi}}
She's had her concrete skim coat

{{!gwi}}
another skim coat shot

{{!gwi}}
another skim coat shot

{{!gwi}}
She's got her hat dress and jewellry mosaiced on. She's moved in the house so I can watch tv and mosaic

{{!gwi}}
a close up of her hat, Squirrelly gave me the glass globs for the flowers,

{{!gwi}}
a close up of her dress and jewellry. I'm going to go cut the glass now for her hair, shoes, and facial stuff.Hope you like her. The armiture was a fair bit of work, the skim coats no problem. The mosaics are the fun part, but don't know about all the grouting though,

Cindy

Comments (131)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County