SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltgf

wip bench warning lots of pics

16 years ago

OK... started putting the thing together. Went to a scrapyard yesterday to get the rebar and found more plates so I've been breaking plates for a few days now. Still got my fingers crossed that the tiles from my friend will still happen. So then I'll have a pique assette (or whatever that word is) broken plates/bowls/cups/whatever bench and one done with tiles.

WARNING to all those working with styrofoam - it is messy as all heck!! I'm cutting the pieces in my carport and it's a wind tunnel I tell you!! Little bubbles of styrofoam (polystyrene?? What is this stuff called??) ALL OVER THE PLACE!! In my hair, stuck on my clothes, stuck on ME!!

Dry run of the all the pieces:

I have a mix of rebar and these steel rods that I'm using to attch the arms and back. Trusty drill with super long drillbit helps with the holes.

Back piece going on.

Back piece not fitting!!

OK, had to pull it apart. The first rod on the left too long so have to pull it out and hacksaw it down a bit. Good thing you can't hear me cussin'!

Ahhhhhhh... FIXED!!

I'm using regular mesh used for avaiaries or whatever else you might use wire mesh for.

{{gwi:129669}}

I found these in the garage and am using them to hold the mesh in place.

{{gwi:129670}}

This is where I finished for today. Getting dark early now so can't play outside for long. ;-( Hate when daylight savings ends.

I have a question about cementing. Do you put on two layers of cement? if you do, how do you get the two layers to adhere to each other? I'm thinking that I won't be able to put another layer of mesh over the cement cuz I won't be able to fasten it down but think I'll need two layers of cement. Come on you Rianna people, let me in on the secrets... PLEASE!!!!

Enjoy!!

Cait

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery