SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
end_of_rope

For better or worse

end-of-rope
15 years ago

I posted here approx 1 year ago and am still feeling the same (maybe worse) I am a stepmom of 3 adult children and biomom to 3. I have been with DH for 12 years and married for almost 2 yrs. My DH is very successful (within the last 9 yrs). We all got along great up until 3 weeks before the wedding. The SK's talked to Dad about reconciling with Mom and prenuptials. My husband lied about this meeting and when he finally told me, I wanted to call the wedding off. We went ahead with the wedding and it has been a rocky/stressful road. I am really in need of advise/support as I am ready to pack up and go.

The SK's used to be at our house all the time - I babysat the GK's ALL the time. I did not bad mouth their mother and always felt I was very supportive of them. I encouraged DH to pay for education when SD wanted to return to college. I helped SS with school work so he could graduate. Now I have that used/abused/sh*t on feeling.

Since the wedding, I cannot stomach these SK's. I do not trust them and walk on eggshells whenever they are around. My DH and I fight about ALL the kids - I believe he is harder on my kids and he has even said that he cannot say anything to his kids in fear of a family fued.

He is an excellent StepDad and my kids love him dearly.

Please help - I think I am ready for the nuthouse.

At first - I was "give the spoiled brats everything" and now I think well I helped make that business successful - I have lived in the house for the last 7 years - why should I be treated like dogfood. I have just had 3 breast biopsies and so I think I am thinking way too much about everything.

I love my husband dearly - but am not sure how much more I can take. I know I am different around his kids so I can be blamed for the drop in communication but I do not trust them and am not really sure what to say.

I am looking for any advise - positive or negative (I know I am not perfect and would really like to make things better). Life is too short.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz