SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boysmom1_gw

12 year old DS acting out

boysmom1
16 years ago

Hello all...I am so happy to have found this forum! Here is my crisis....

I am mom of 2 boys, ages 12 and 7. We live together with my BF and his 19 yo daughter for past 2 years.

Initially the transition for everyone moving in together was difficult...the usual, rules, discipline, respect, etc. Last 6 months or so seemed to have been better. 12 yo son and my boyfriend seemed to be getting along well.

Last night, boyfriend was helping son fix his bike. In the process, his speedometer was crushed ($10 item). No big deal, I assume...son puts his bike away and goes in house. I take walk to library with other younger son.

On my return 20 minutes later, BF is on the porch, livid. Apparently he went upstairs to talk with son. SOn was crying and angry. A curtain rod fell down as he was looking for something, and he grabbed it, held it up and told my BF to get out and that he hates him (swearing, and screaming).

Son's admits to telling my BF he hates him, but that he wasn't intending to hit my BF with curtain rod. Tells me that my BF has "ruined his life" and he hates him. He will not elaborate, or give reason as to why he is feeling this way.

Please help...any advise is appreciated. We are scheduled to leave Sunday on a family vaca...both are threatening not to go, and BF is telling me that he will not be able to speak with son at all ever again.....

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus