SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_35873677

Anything make YOU want to act like a three year old??

User
4 years ago

For me, it's grocery shopping. I'll be weaving my way around the "pickers" (the ones that now clog up the aisles shopping for customer orders), when it will hit me how boring, annoying and just basically soul-sucking this chore is for me. And then I'll just get the urge to scream and possibly fling myself on the floor in a toddler-fit. And I have to resist that urge because I'm an "adult"....(like that should matter).

Sometimes I think it should be socially acceptable to behave badly...just for about 2 minutes.

Anything that sets you off? Boss, family, cleaning the oven, laundry? Spill. Tell me I'm not alone :)

Comments (81)

• IdaClaire
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Yeah ... the Zipper works in theory, but my observation is that more often than not it becomes one big cluster-naughtyword, and creates annoying gridlock. It's common to have a handful of fools who go around IN THE SAME LANE those who are merging Zipper-style, demanding to bypass just one.more.car and get a little further ahead. Just like Outside describes witnessing.

Also, there are always those who get out of the lane that carries on to drive for a few seconds in the lane that ends, just to get five or six car lengths ahead by merging back over. That's moronic.

Alas, it should not cause me so much consternation, as I do know that people who drive so poorly are just ignorant, and that's punitive in its own right to them.

User thanked IdaClaire
  • Allison0704
    4 years ago

Drove to a friend's house for lunch today, 30 minute drive from my house. Left lane driver on main 3 lane road driving about 35 in a 60. He came over the line, towards me. I passed him and glance - TEXTING!!! Kept texting!!! Out of state baby poop color van (I did you not) with tinted windows so you can't see who's driving (which is against the law here, btw) riding down right shoulder of road, through an intersection and then through turn lanes before moving across to far lane. :-/ Not a minute later, a pickup with ladder rack/ladders and some business name on doors came over in my lane so I blew my horn. Not a LOOOOONG one, just 2 short HONKS. They blew back at ME and made a few gestures! Then shook his head when he passed me on the other side before turning. Me - WTF!? >:( The two I could see were men, and I'm pretty sure no woman would own a van the color of baby poop!

Thanks. I feel better now. LOL

User thanked Allison0704
  • Related Discussions

Starting a garden w.my three year old daughter

Q

Comments (7)
    My daughter won't eat the tomatoes, but she loves to walk around with her little "garden basket" and pick the red ones! Now that we finally figured out how to keep the birds out, she like "hunting" for the little ripe strawberries, too! For flowers--We have been putting in moss rose and it's taking off like crazy! I was just trying for a little color on a bald spot in our yard, but they are spreading and have beautiful flowers! My garden was crazy this year--my first one, and I didn't really expect anything to do well, so I didn't spend much time planning... Next year I'm going to do a lot more planning--which includes asking my girl what SHE wants to plant out there!
    ...See More

My three-year-old daughter doesn't talk

Q

Comments (14)
    Hi Lazygarden: Let's make this clear. I have a B.S. degree in Computer Science, minor in chemistry, graduated in 1986 from Grand Valley State University, MI. I also took Biochemistry, Organic chemistry, Pathophysiology, Child-development, and Abnormal Behavior Psychology. I'm also a Mom of a 12-year old who had speech-problem since she was 3. Lazygarden: What university did you graduate from, and are you a parent of a child with developmental problems? ReganMom, the poster of this thread, specifically asked "Has anyone had a similar situation, and how did you deal with it?" If you look at Amazon reviews on Carlson liquid fish oil, most recommended by M.D. to lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides, you'll see this review by a parent: http://www.amazon.com/Carlson-Finest-Liquid-Omega-3-Lemon/dp/B001LF39RO "our family has been using carlson's fish oil for many months now. i initially purchased it bc my son's speech therapist told me that a couple of her student's parents swore by the stuff. they say it's good for brain development. i was curious to try it out. i ended up giving it to the whole family (a spoonful in juice/milk/smoothie) every morning for health reasons." This is from livestrong.com: http://www.livestrong.com/article/353655-fish-oil-for-a-toddler-with-speech-developmental-delays/ Cognitive Benefits Omega-3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain. They are important for brain function and may be effective for improving thinking skills. According to Special Kids Today, fish oil may improve language skills and eye contact in children with apraxia of speech, which is characterized by difficulty planning and producing the movements needed for speaking. Although there is no substitute for speech therapy, your child's doctor may recommend combining fish oil supplements with therapy. Below is another Mom who posted on CircleofMom, see link below: Michele - posted on 10/20/2012 "Hi we have had good luck with using Omega 3 supplements with our daughter. She was diagnosed at 2 with dyspraxia and SPD. She did not talk until she was 5. She is 15 now and talks your ear off. But we are still working on sentence lenght and clarity as her misarticulations are a result of a habit, We started using the Omega 3 about 3 years ago and we can tell when she is consistantly taking them and when she is not... She speaks clearer and with more words in a sentence. For those who are starting the road of therapy I offer that I would be happy to chat at anytime. Or answer any questions...we have done it all. I also offer that I have a website that tells more about Elizabeth and her journey for those interested. www,michelegianetti.com Here is a link that might be useful: Omega-3 helping with apraxia This post was edited by Strawberryhill on Fri, Oct 10, 14 at 16:55
    ...See More

12 year old DS acting out

Q

Comments (8)
    Thank you for the responses. Here is additional info: BF and I have been together for 5 years, living together with kids for 2. No plans to marry, neither of us feels it is necessary, we are committed to each other as though we are married. We own a beautiful home, and both work and enjoy a very comfotable life with our children. Ex-husband is abusive and controlling. Has been known to "bash" me to the kids, and manipulate them. DS was looking for something in his closet, probably trying to avoid BF who was trying to talk with him about what happened. The closet door is actually a curtain, that matches the room. This is the rod that came down on top of DS. He then grabbed it, was angry to begin with, so I imagine this falling on him did not help his emotional state. DS insists he was never going to hit anyone with it, but he did think about smashing it on his bed. My take now is that DS was extremely angry, went upstairs to be alone. I went out. BF knew DS was upset and went to try to talk to him. I beleive BF was badgering him a bit, (why are you so upset, etc) and DS became overwhelmed emotionally. I am having a sit down tonight with BF and DS to see if we can resolve this whole thing. I appreciate the responses. I was a little caught off guard with Sylvia. Her response seemed a little aggressive, pretty much accusing my BF of impropriety. Not sure what is up with that...
    ...See More

I accidently cut a three year old clematis off with weed wacker

Q

Comments (3)
    It shouldn't hurt it. IME, clems can take varying degrees of severe pruning and at various, less than desirable times and bounce back quite well. Depends on how well it is established and how extensive the root system is. Forget using the root simulator. It is not intended for this sort of purpose and won't work the way you think it might. And depending on the product itself, may not be much more than snake oil :-) If you want to apply anything now, try alfalfa meal or alfalfa tea. It contains a natural plant growth hormone that encourages basal stemming, which will make for a fuller plant overall as well produce multiple stems that can guard against substantial damage from weed whackers or rabbits or even just breakage. Other than the alfalfa, I woudn't do anything other than keep it well watered through the summer months. And maybe put a wire guard around it to avoid any further damage before it recovers fully :-)
    ...See More
  • nutsaboutplants
    4 years ago

Senior Management meetings with all the trappings of naked ambition and self-importance — jockeying, ass-kissing, bloviating, self-congratulating with fake humility (or worse yet, mutual back-scratching) ...

oh, and legislative hearings ...

User thanked nutsaboutplants
  • 3katz4me
    4 years ago

In Mpls St Paul they’ve been training us in on the zipper merge for a while and some people have caught on. We have signs that say lane ends take turns at merge. People are also learning not to drive slow in the left lane. I’m not sure when it happened but I reached a point where I quit getting my undies in a bundle while driving and vowed to drive friendly no matter what kind of driving jerks and incompetents I encounter. I have to say it’s made driving much more enjoyable and I’m sure safer.

User thanked 3katz4me
  • Lukki Irish
    4 years ago

Penny, I can totally relate to what you feel. I have a lot of annoyances and it seems like they’re getting worse as I age. Most of the time, I’m able to keep them in check but every once in a while, I slip and get sarcastic with someone. My biggest challenge is some of my clients. They’re rude and inconsiderate which is terrible considering they work in medical clinics. To me, medical facilities are a place where thought and consideration are expected.

Most of the time, I avoid the annoying shoppers by going to the stores early in the morning when they aren’t busy. If I don’t feel up to it, DH will to stop on his way home from work. I haven’t read all of the replies, so if this is a repeat, I’m sorry but have you considered trying the curb services a lot of stores are offering now? I have a couple of friends who use them and they love it.

Drivers don’t bother me now nearly as bad as they used to. If someone wants to drive 85 mph at the risk of a ticket (and some serious insurance increases) have at it, just don’t ride my butt and expect me to join in.

User thanked Lukki Irish
  • 3katz4me
    4 years ago

Kool - yup - I just get in the far right lane and let em pass on by. If I’m on a two lane I slow up and make it easy for them to pass if they’re in a big hurry.

User thanked 3katz4me
  • llitm
    4 years ago

Driving~~We lived in Europe for several years and visit often (are there now). Driving isn't frustrating here because drivers have to go to an $$$ and lengthly driver's training course. They follow the laws. They use the passing lanes for um, PASSING....such a concept! It's always so stinking frustrating to return home and get back on the road. Why do we not enforce the laws we have?

User thanked llitm
  • Allison0704
    4 years ago

3katz4me, exactly! I also decided it was not worth ticking another driver off. In this day and age, you have to worry about road rage. I'm a freaking grandmother! If I toot or blow my horn, it's because it needed doing! I drive the speed limit or under when needed. Since moving back into town, I am glad to see people are slowing down when it's raining. It's the speeding after the rain stops, when the roads are still wet, that causes wrecks. Hello? The road is STILL WET!

I posted a meme on FB about slow people - "I get intense road rage walking behind slow people in the grocery store." A couple didn't find it funny and lectured me on being old one day. Lighten up! It's a joke! It's not just the elderly! Frankly, if you think I'd call out the elderly for such, then you don't really know me. I recently read an article about a grocery store in Scotland that has a Relaxed Checkout line several days a week for the elderly, those with dementia or small children, social anxiety or just anyone that needs extra time or help. I think it's something our stores should adopt. Several here have someone that will assist you while in the store if requested.

User thanked Allison0704
  • runninginplace
    4 years ago

"It's common to have a handful of fools who go around IN THE SAME LANE those who are merging Zipper-style, demanding to bypass just one.more.car and get a little further ahead."

To give some examples of the joys of driving life in South Florida: within the past few years one obnoxious trend is that in a left turn lane with cars waiting for oncoming traffic to break, rude drivers will actually cut IN FRONT OF the car that's first in the turn lane, just to get ahead of everyone else waiting. Drivers also routinely speed up to be first in the lane at a stop light. In heavy rush hour traffic intersections are constantly blocked as people jam into the 'box' (the area within the road intersection) so even on a green light it's almost impossible to drive from secondary roads across major roadways. Driving the speed limit will earn you the pleasure of being able to read the logo of the large SUV behind you up close and personal because all you'll see in the rearview is a grille about 2 inches behind your bumper. Then there's the other end of the scale: the many, many elderly folks who drive 20 MPH in their little cars, in the passing lane of course. Usually I assume that if I can't see a head over the headrest, we're gonna take the leisurely pace :). Corollary is the many, many folks who as mentioned are busily texting while stopped at an intersection or worse while driving. OMG!

User thanked runninginplace
  • User
    4 years ago

Housecleaning is the only activity I consider soul sucking, it is a temporary, fruitless and unsatisfying activity that usurps my outdoor and reading time, and I resent every minute spent on cleaning chores.

User thanked User
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

I posted a meme on FB about slow people - "I get intense road rage walking behind slow people in the grocery store." A couple didn't find it funny and lectured me on being old one day. Lighten up! It's a joke! It's not just the elderly! Frankly, if you think I'd call out the elderly for such, then you don't really know me.

Ah, yes. The smug, judgmental throng that descends on a person who is simply trying to share a bit of levity. This is one of the chief reasons I no longer have social media accounts; in fact, it was a huge, specific upheaval with a very close friend over our social media interaction that cemented the decision for me. Actually, she helped to make it by unfollowing me and when I asked her why, she claimed that my posts were "too negative" and she was trying to cleanse her life of such things. (The majority of my posts were animals, home decor, and travel pics. Occasionally there was something a bit "off key" that I shared because I found it funny or insightful.) This was truly a case of "pot calling kettle" as well, because one of the things that has always bonded her and I together is a shared sense of the absurd, a dark and slightly twisted sense of humor. This completely came out of nowhere and left me floored. It happened months ago and I remain gobsmacked by it all. I think now, upon TONS of reflection, that she was simply looking for an excuse to distance herself, and she invented one that revolved around social media. But people that you think you know so well, who adopt a "butthurt" stance from an idiotic MEME instead of attributing good intent to the person who posted it, are absolutely ridiculous IMO. I've seen more forgiveness and acceptance demonstrated among strangers here in this forum than I've seen in the way that social media drama has played out. It's ridiculous.

User thanked IdaClaire
  • cattyles
    4 years ago

My blood pressure went up so high while reading this thread I can feel a vein throbbing in my forehead. Excellent, descriptive writing and y’all covered everything.

I‘m still waiting to become the age where patience kicks in. I have none and struggle with that.

User thanked cattyles
  • msmeow
    4 years ago

Runninginplace, that sounds just like traffic in the Orlando area. Nearly every day I wish I had a transporter. :)

Donna

User thanked msmeow
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

Something else ...

The vocal fry. I've made it known before how much I detest this affected speech impediment, and lately I've heard it popping up in NPR interviews, which drives me truly bonkers. (NPR is supposed to be my safe space!) That horrible back-of-the-throat garble that ends every sentence is so ugly-sounding, and in my observation it's a learned pattern of speech, particularly among younger women. (Thanks, Kardashians.)

I also cringe upon hearing a woman who makes every statement sound like a question.

I wrote my thesis? after working on a lengthy service project in Mozambique?

I think people appreciate this program's rich? cultural diversity?

That segment of the market? is notoriously plagued by speculation?

OMG. Stop it. Just stop it already.

User thanked IdaClaire
  • runninginplace
    4 years ago

Hey IdaClaire, this one's for you!

LOLOLOL

(And yes it is incredibly annoying!)

User thanked runninginplace
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

User thanked IdaClaire
  • cawaps
    4 years ago

I have a temper tantrum when my computer glitches. It infuriates me when it can't seem to do the minimum basic functions a computer should do, or takes forever to do them. I had a software conflict a while back and EVERYTHING was taking forever. Opening a web page would take a minute and a half. I'm just not that patient.

Regarding zipper merges, here in the Bay Area, where traffic is often heavy, it is a mixed bag whether people do it. When the roads are at capacity and traffic is moving slowly, it seems to happen naturally. I remember being in the car with my ex on a freeway on-ramp where two lanes merge into one. It was rush hour, and traffic was, as always, moving really slow. Typically people would use both lanes up to and even past the point where the dotted line ended, forming a stagger as the road started to get too narrow for two cars. This particular day, the car next to us was not with the program, and the driver was very agitated that we were not making room for her.

When traffic is relatively light and moving quickly, I don't think zipper merges are optimal. That is, if traffic is light enough that everyone can move over without traffic slowing down, it's the people who wait until the last minute to change lanes that cause the problem. Also, when there are more than two lanes, it often makes sense to move over to the lanes farthest away from the lane closure.

User thanked cawaps
  • daisychain Zn3b
    4 years ago

Today, I was returning a big pack of halogen light bulbs. I dropped them on the cement floor right in front of the returns desk and half of them shattered. I'd driven halfway across the city to return them. When they hit the ground and I heard the glass break, I involuntarily let out a nasty word. Threw them in the bin next to the till and walked out. No one to blame but myself, but I wanted to stamp my feet and scream.

User thanked daisychain Zn3b
  • Lukki Irish
    4 years ago

(((Hugs))) Daisy!

User thanked Lukki Irish
  • cawaps
    4 years ago

Daisy, I drove an hour-and-a-half this morning to attend a kayaking event sponsored by a professional organization (environmental/water-related) only to find that it had been rescheduled. I had missed seeing the email. I had pretty much figured out that it had been canceled before the organizer called me after seeing I had not acknowledged the email. Then I got to drive an hour-and-a-half home. I remarkably didn't have a temper tantrum about it, but it was a huge waste of time, gas, and a bridge toll.

User thanked cawaps
  • daisychain Zn3b
    4 years ago

(((Hugs))) to you, cawaps. Yes, it's the waste of it all - especially the time.

and thanks, Kool Beans!

User thanked daisychain Zn3b
  • User
    4 years ago

Ughhh yes the gurgle when talking.

I made an important phone call recently and had to deal with a girl that did the gurgle noise, talked too fast, and ran all her words together. I kept having to ask her to repeat herself and finally told her I couldn’t understand half of what she was saying and to slow down and speak clearly. I tried to be nice but it was ridiculous.

User thanked User
  • blfenton
    4 years ago

Ok well, three olds don't drive and they probably don't swear as much as I do at the idiotic drivers out there - but I sure do want to throw something at them sometimes.

User thanked blfenton
  • Olychick
    4 years ago

Oh, Daisy, I felt the same way earlier this week when I returned home from a friend's house with a dozen of her chickens' fabulous, organic, home-grown rainbow-hued eggs and I dropped the carton as I came up my front steps. About half of them broke and after I cursed, I almost cried. I love fresh from the nest eggs so much!

User thanked Olychick
  • neetsiepie
    4 years ago

I tend to be pretty laid back but once I'm behind the wheel all bets are off. I am NOT an aggressive driver, by any means. I refuse to play those passive-aggressive driving games so many do, and I NEVER voice my road rage to another driver, even when I think they deserve more than one finger. But boy, do I ever scream in my car! My blood pressure really gets going when I have to drive with idiots on the road.

But I think my absolute biggest temper tantrum inducing event is trying to coordinate anything with more than one other person. Work related meetings-oh for cyring out loud!! Use a doodle poll-don't keep sending 30 thousand emails and god forbid the reply all chains.

Currently trying my hardest to stay out of the drama surrounding a concert that had been rescheduled. Four women going, one booked the lodging but it was going to require two people to share a bed. Then travel to/from the hotel to the event. Then it was who was driving who and when and how long were people staying. Finally I think it got somewhat resolved but then the show was cancelled. Just learned it's been rescheduled to August. But one person is now having to back out because she's going to Las Vegas two weeks following the concert and wants to save her money for Vegas. Another is second guessing going because she'll be out of town the weekend before and the weekend after (the show is mid-week in a town about 200 miles away). Now there is a possibility that another person may want to go and if she does, she'll buy the ticket from the first gal, but she also wants to stay in a hotel room of her own, not share.

I'm sorry I even asked these women to go to the show. This is why I travel solo so often! And this happens EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. that there is an event, no matter how small., even if it's just planning to get together to go to dinner. Just figure it out and make it happen! Do not text me and DM me and call me and make lunch plans with me to hash out the details ad infinitum. It really takes the enjoyment out of things for me.

User thanked neetsiepie
  • Allison0704
    4 years ago

What concert is it you're going to, neetsipiie?

User thanked Allison0704
  • neetsiepie
    4 years ago

This one is for the Rolling Stones. It was supposed to be May 22nd but was cancelled due to Micks heart surgery. We thought it was going to be rescheduled to next year but it's going to be in August. It is the 4th event/show I had tickets for this year that was rescheduled!

User thanked neetsiepie
  • Allison0704
    4 years ago

I know that's disappointing, and an inconvenience. *knock on wood* we've never had a concert rescheduled.

User thanked Allison0704
  • jmck_nc
    4 years ago

One more curmudgeonly complaint. Why do people take the whole family grocery shopping? Mom, Dad, 3-5 young children. Especially on busy weekend days. Even if everyone is well behaved they take up a lot of space in the aisles, at checkout. When my kids were little I went to the store late at night and alone and it was heavenly.

User thanked jmck_nc
  • jmck_nc
    4 years ago

And another thing! Turn signals....why oh why turn it on when you are already turning. I know by then what your intentions are. It would have been nice to have notice. How hard is it to flick your finger and turn it on?

User thanked jmck_nc
  • Allison0704
    4 years ago

This is more of a pet peeve than a temper tantrum, but the people on FB that post "thank you for your service" to the wrong people on the wrong holidays. Maybe because (like most of us) I had family serve and go to war. Maybe because I was in the Army Reserve myself. I don't want to be thanked on Memorial Day for my service since I did not die while serving. It diminishes it for those who did.

User thanked Allison0704
  • User
    4 years ago

jmck they may be attempting to do something as a family. Not the most ideal thing I know. Maybe they went to dinner before. In our case we live out in the country so it doesn‘t always make sense to make separate trips and our store trip with drive time and shopping takes a minimum of 4 hours. Not even kidding. I like to go to the store myself but many times DH (he likes to come and likes to push cart!) and at least one of the kids is along. I do agree it takes up more aisle space and sometimes I’m in no mood for it either just another perspective.

User thanked User
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

More peeves in no particular order:

That stupid "flossing" dance.

The fact that stores such as Home Depot have ONLY self-checkout lanes now. I don't work there, and have no desire to start.

Colleagues who must pick up the phone and CALL in response to an email or IM. I contacted you electronically for a reason, but now we must engage in a (usually lengthy) voice convo to discuss a matter that could have easily been addressed in a couple of quick written sentences. It probably has to do with a marked difference in communication styles but I find it disruptive and inefficient. (And it's hard to simply not answer when my Skype status indicates my availability.)

User thanked IdaClaire
  • jmck_nc
    4 years ago

Wow Shee! 4 hours to grocery shop!?!? I can see why you make it into an outing. Also, some families divide and conquer the store, which is a good use of a group trip. I guess it is the clueless or inconsiderate ones that bug me...not aware or don't care that they are taking up the whole aisle while deciding on which cereal or some such. Of course there are some singletons who still manage to take up the whole aisle!

User thanked jmck_nc
  • Olychick
    4 years ago

jmck, I have the same gripe about seniors shopping during the busy lunch hour or right after work (these are people, often couples, but also singles, who are obviously out of the work force), when they could easily shop during the less busy times. I'm retired now and avoid those busy times like the plague, and I know when I was working, I would have appreciated fewer people shopping during the rush hours at the supermarket.

User thanked Olychick
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I very much like the idea that allison referred to....a "relaxed checkout lane"....I know for my parents, they would appreciate it very much. Stores have a habit of moving things frequently and that, along with the memory issues that often come with age, must make it an overwhelming experience.

• aok27502
    4 years ago

Yep, it's driving. Specifically one stretch of road. We have lived in our house nearly 25 years, and it used to be that I would pass two or three cars in this couple of miles out to my house. Thanks to "progress", it is now often a continuous line of traffic. It is a 55 MPH zone, however some people seem to be afraid to go over 30 or 35. There is a new toll road that bisects this short stretch of road and for some reason the bridge over it seems to be very, very scary. We must slow down to navigate this bridge. It's just an overpass, you do not need to slow down.

I understand that you are not required to meet the 55 mile per hour speed limit, but please don't be surprised if, when you are going 10 to 15 miles an hour under the speed limit, people get annoyed. Every. Single. Day.

User thanked aok27502
  • artemis_ma
    4 years ago

Traffic jams that apparently have no cause. Yep, that does set me off.

If there's been an accident, I take that into account. But just a jam... no, I get hyper.

User thanked artemis_ma
  • IdaClaire
    4 years ago

We've always said that someone could roll down their window and SPIT on one of the busiest Dallas freeways and traffic would then back up for hours on end. Apparently it takes nothing more than that to have a terribly adverse effect -- or so it seems.

User thanked IdaClaire
  • sheesh
    4 years ago

I just posted this in the Air BandB thread, but it belongs here too. I am still bothered knowing this.

We stayed in a beautiful Hilton Hotel last fall. I was in the suite when housekeeping came in one day. I was shocked and disgusted to see the housekeeper use our beautiful, thick, fluffy, used hand towels and wash cloths to clean the toilet and the floor, then tossed them into the laundry with sheets and towels! No matter how much bleach and boiling water they use to clean and sanitize the laundry, it still seems they should have designated cleaning equipment for toilets and floors!

I asked the housekeeper if using towels is standard, and of course she said yes. There is nothing on the cart to use for cleaning purposes. They use high end, expensive beautiful towels to clean the toilets and then expect us to us those same towels on our faces and private body parts! I guess it's more cost effective to just use the good stuff, but I hate the idea.

I'm sure it falls within guidelines, but it is still gross!

ETA Also, there was a sign on the mirror asking us not to use the towels to remove our makeup, please use the little packet we provide to remove your makeup. The outrage! The irony! It's OK to use the towels on toilets, but not on our faces!

User thanked sheesh
  • Michele
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>I had to go back in history to find this thread. I never commented, but I thought about it many, many times.
    I never get the urge to throw a tantrum, but when I’m irritated I tend to eye roll
    User thanked Michele
  • Michele
    4 years ago

Wow Sheesh! I just read that. Ugh. That is a nauseating thought.

User thanked Michele
  • localeater
    4 years ago

I think it’s great when families go shopping together. I think that’s how kids learn to compare products, read labels, and make good choices. When my kids were young I did escape at night by myself sometimes but I also often took them along too. They graduated from sitting in the cart, to doing “missions” like independently getting the milk. It taught them how to navigate, how to be confident, how to ask for help. My 18 year old still comes with me sometimes. It’s quality time I enjoy spending with him.

User thanked localeater
  • Michele
    4 years ago

My whole just disappeared. Again. About shopping. Oh well. My eyes are currently rolling!

User thanked Michele
  • Michele
    4 years ago

Correction: My whole comment....

User thanked Michele
  • Michele
    4 years ago

I’m trying again. I’m in a mood. I don’t like when people won’t bag their purchases. Standing in line in a crowded store and the people in front stand and wait for the cashier to bag items. I excuse a lot of people. The elderly, the pregnant.....but yesterday, it being Friday before Memorial Day the lines were insane. Perfectly able bodied people won’t do it! Annoying as all get out!

User thanked Michele
  • czarinalex
    4 years ago

Maybe not throw a tantrum... but commercials for prescription drugs really bug me. Especially if they have 'catchy' jingles. I think they should be banned. If the drug companies didn't have to budget for creative teams to:

• invent a dumb name(which strangely sounds like 3 other drugs)
    • write a jingle
    • produce a commercial and print ads
    • pay for said commercial time and print ads

maybe they could lower the prices.

Shouldn't it be up to doctors to prescribe drugs... not patients to ask for them?

I don't know why this bugs me so much(I don't take any prescription drugs), but it does.

User thanked czarinalex
  • gsciencechick
    4 years ago

Ida, if there is any rain on the morning or evening commute here, it is chaos. And I see people texting every day driving on the interstate home from work, I am literally fortunate to make it home every day. I

Neet, we had tickets for Ozzy which was supposed to be in about 2 weeks. As you probably know, the tour is postponed literally a year, and they will not refund the tickets because it is a postponement.

User thanked gsciencechick
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Things That Make You Peevey Part Deux...

I don't have any sort of fit about this, but it's a bit of a peevey issue...Here, when describing home, or any really, "stuff" that has been accomplished, the author will often say "We did this"...And I take that literally, which makes me all sorts of excited because I'm an avid diy-er. But further reading reveals that they didn't do it. They HAD IT DONE.

If someone else came in and tiled your bathroom, then you didn't "do" it, did you? You simply paid for it.

Anyhoo. Is it too early for a cocktail? I will make it myself :)

• Olychick
    4 years ago

Penny, I think I am guilty of that. I haven't done (or hired done) much home improvement, except having all my windows replaced and the upstairs master bath remodeled. But I think I say, "I redid the upstairs bath." I did none of the work. Well, I worked to pay for it, but that's it.

User thanked Olychick