SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadastimer

A voice from the past is heard..happen to you?

nadastimer
21 years ago

A little background...my BIL was married for about 8 years to a woman. She had 2 kids that were about 18 months apart or so and were like 2 and 4 when they married. Three years ago BIL and SIL divorced and she moved halfway across the country. BIL decided he couldn't have anything to do with the girls because he already saw how their mother was with their biological Dad and knew it would be hard to ever get to spend any time with them and that his ex would make his life miserable unless she was gone for good. So he cut all ties. Over the weekend our other SIL got a phone call...it was from the oldest girl who is now almost 15. She's now living with her biological father and he brought her to the area to stay with one of her old friends from when they lived here. So she called SIL and was asking about everyone and wanted to know if it was possible to come visit. So SIL picked her up after much thought and wondering if some people would get upset over the fact due to the situation. It was so nice to see her. She was crying because she missed everyone so much and it's been so long. We were her family for so many years. It was an emotional and wonderful time. We have her screen name and e-mail address and she has all of ours and we hope to keep in touch now. We just need to speak with her ex step father (BIL) and see if he would like to be a part of her life, too. It's a difficult situation but I hope he'd at least talk to her.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? What did you do? If it would happen would you be willing to see the person again? My fiance' said that he didn't want to see her. I started bawling because I am a step child, too and know what it's like when your step father doesn't want you around anymore after many years of taking care of you. Afterwareds he then was so happy he did decide to see her and he was giving her our phone number and told her to call and we'd go out to eat or something while she's here and to keep in touch from now on. We've also got her sister's e-mail address and she's still with their mother..she'll be 13. Sometimes life throws some interesting things at you...

Comments (2)